Once you purchase your home, your employee homeownership benefits are here to help you with your continuing needs. As your home is often your largest financial asset, you may be able to put your equity to work, reduce your interest rate so that you can save money every month, or shorten the term of your loan so that your home is paid off sooner!
There are many ways refinancing can improve your overall financial health:
- If your goal is to own your home free and clear, you may be able to shorten the term of your loan by raising your payment a little to reach your idea payoff date.
- You may find that refinancing your home is a good way to obtain some cash for home improvements, pay college tuition, or even to purchase a vacation home.
- If rates are low, you may be able to lower your payment and improve your cash flow.
- Reduce your mortgage payment by refinancing out of your mortgage insurance premium.
- If you currently have an adjustable-rate mortgage (ARM), you may gain peace of mind by refinancing into a fixed-rate loan.